Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Week 11

Today NT Games attended Games West. Plenty good people joined the event which I found to be a great success. Students could get in touch with important people from games industry like Gary Carr! (LIONHEAD STUDIOS, the next LIONHEAD INCUBATOR), Lee Stott (Microsoft Evangelist), Pete Shea (FIREBRAND GAMES), Luke Dicken (IGDA!), Max Morrice & Phill Harris, Andrew Fray and many other good folks.
Constantin Toader NT GAMES
Gary Carr LIONHEAD STUDIOS
GamesWest UWS 04.12.2013

Games West is definitely one of the greatest events ever hosted by UWS and I am very proud that I as myself and as NT Games got to witness this event. We managed to connect to some important business and changed a few ideas and gathered tips from the more experienced ... I think I`ll call the fathers of Games Industry. It was a great honour for me to meet Gary Carr and was a pleasant experience to listen to his story. Let`s not forget he created games like Fable I II III, Black and White, Hospital (God I loved that game!) and even ancient huge games like BARBARIAN!

Aside from the learning aspect, NT Games got in touch with Firebrand Games and looking forward to confirm an appointment regarding FRAS at FIREBRAND GAMES.

Firebrand Games all well known for their racing type of games that they create for Nintendo DS, Wii and recently for XBOX 360, PS3 and Microsoft Windows.
They have released or have been part of very important titles like Cartoon Network Racing, Ferrari Challenge, Race Driver: GRID, Need For Speed Undercover, DiRT 2, etc. so they have a huge amount of experience regarding racing games and I hope that FRAS can benefit later on from this contact.

Fingers crossed and let`s hope for the best and a positive reply from the famous Games Studio from Glasgow.
I would like to thank Pete Shea for taking time to listen to me and give me this chance to meet him at Firebrand Studio.

Until then, tomorrow NT Games will go at MAAC (Mobile App Acceleration Campus) Edinburgh and gather some more knowledge, this time about mobiles and tablets (generally mobileware).



No comments:

Post a Comment